Apply At The Right Time

Apply For eTA, P

We are available to assist you in challenging any unfavorable decisions and providing support throughout every stage of the process. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us now!

An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is a prerequisite for visa-exempt foreign nationals traveling to Canada by air. Linked electronically to a traveler’s passport, the eTA remains valid for up to five years or until passport expiry, whichever comes first. In the event of a new passport issuance, a new eTA must be obtained.

Possessing a valid eTA allows you to travel to Canada for short stays, typically up to six months per visit, and can be used for multiple entries. It’s important to note that an eTA is not required for travel within Canada. However, having an eTA does not guarantee entry; eligibility will be assessed by a border services officer upon arrival, requiring the presentation of necessary documents, such as a U.S. Green Card.

There are four types of travelers:

  1. Travelers who need an eTA:

    • Visa-exempt foreign nationals flying to or transiting through a Canadian airport require an eTA.
    • Lawful permanent residents of the U.S. need an eTA for air travel, presenting a valid Green Card and passport at check-in.
  2. Travelers who may be eligible to apply for an eTA:

    • Citizens from select visa-required countries may be eligible for an eTA for air travel, rather than a visa. However, a visitor visa is needed for other modes of transportation.
  3. Travelers who cannot apply for an eTA and need alternative identification:

    • Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, require a valid Canadian passport.
    • American-Canadians can travel with a valid Canadian or U.S. passport.
    • Canadian permanent residents need a valid permanent resident card or travel document.
  4. Travelers exempt from the eTA requirement:

    • U.S. citizens are exempt from the eTA requirement and must carry proper identification, such as a valid U.S. passport.

       It’s advisable to apply for an eTA before booking your flight.

Apply for PR Card:

Permanent residents must possess a valid permanent resident card (PR card) or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) to return to Canada via plane, train, bus, or boat. A valid PR card is essential when presenting it, and if it expires, a new application is necessary. Permanent residents are still considered as such even if their card has expired.

To be eligible for a PR card, you must:

  • Be a permanent resident.
  • Submit your application within Canada.

You should apply for a PR card if:

  • Your card is expiring within nine months.
  • Your card is lost, stolen, or destroyed.
  • You haven’t received your card within 180 days of immigrating to Canada.
  • You need to update your card for legal name changes, citizenship changes, gender designation changes, or corrections to your date of birth